Hallo friends
September flew by in a blur of activity. We had some more international visitors, Elia started school, I was all alone with our four precious jewels for 5 days and in one month Markus has been to Poland twice, the UK and the USA. And those are just the highlights!
Normal life is fast paced too, with our three princesses trying their hands at various things like Ballet (Elia and Sarah), Piano (Elia), Recorder (Sarah) and basic music theory (Rebekah). In between, there is homework to do, games to play, friends to visit with and life to be learnt about.
My latest musings are less "role based" and more personal.
When did we stop being "this generation" and become the "older generation"?
I suddenly realized the other day, and I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, that the speaker wasn't referring to me when he said something about the exciting destiny for "this generation". I wanted to ask him: "But what about us? Is our time for doing great things done? Do we start to expect less for ourselves now? Is our purpose served?"
You get the idea, I think!
I was really shocked at the thought that I might have missed something, and the moment passed and is forever lost.
And at the same time as this mini crisis, I've had such a strong sense of moving into a new season in my life. That was part of the reason for starting this blog, to announce a "new thing" starting here.
The only problem currently, is that it is still just a sense, not a clear picture and I feel a little lost. But in an excited, expectant kind of way :)
So, here is how you could pray for me and us as a family if you want to:
That this sense of the new season, would become a clearer image that I can engage with
That the "new thing" Markus is sensing too, would be revealed more clearly to him
That as parents we can live in this tension of newness, while creating stability entirely dependent on God
That we pass the baton to the "new generation" well, enabling them to go farther than we can imagine!
And finally, for good solutions to be found for the very real crisis the company is in
I would welcome, as always, comments, thoughts, visions etc. And I'll try and get Markus to post our next blog :)
No comments:
Post a Comment